*Current WTF/USAT Rules and Regulations will govern the Championships with few modifications to enhance the competition experience for all participants.
ONLY Masters/Instructors/Coaches will be allowed on competition floor to hold boards when their competitors are performing the breaking routine.
- White V-neck or any colored WTF approved dobok for all events.
- Shoes are NOT allowed for any events unless medically required (Please bring written doctor’s note)
- All competitors must supply their own regulation size breaking boards.
- All Black Belt Sparring Competitors 15 yrs old & up must bring their own Electronic KP&P Foot Protector.
(See Creative Breaking rules for sizes.) You will be able to purchase breaking boards at the tournament.
WORLD-CLASS SPORT POOMSAE COMPETITION (BLACK BELTS ONLY)
- WTF Authorized Poomsae: Taeguek 1-8 Jang & Black Belt Poomsae: Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, etc.
- Age Divisions: Youth (10-11) Cadet (12-14) Junior (15-17) 1st Senior (18-30) 2nd Senior (31-40) Masters (40+)
|Divisions (Both Genders)||Compulsory Poomsae|
|Youth (10-11)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo|
|Cadet (12-14)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang|
|Junior (15-17)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek|
|1st Senior (18-30)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, Pyongwon, Shipjin|
|2nd Senior (31-40)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, Pyongwon, Shipjin|
|Masters (40+)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, Pyongwon, Shipjin|
TRADITIONAL POOMSAE (FORMS) COMPETITION
- Traditional Poomsae (forms).
Color Belt Poomsae: Taeguk 1– 8 or Pal Gwe 1-8
Black Belt Forms: Koryo, Keumgang, TaeBaek, Pyun Won
- Age Divisions: (4-5yr) (6-7yr) (8-9 yr) (10-11yr) (12-14yr) (15-17 yr) (18-32 yr) (33-40 yr) (41 & up yr)
- Belt Divisions: White/Yellow/Orange Belts are 1 Division. Green/Blue/Purple Belts are 1 Division. Red/Brown/Poom is 1 Division. BLACK BELTS are 1 Division
CREATIVE BREAKING COMPETITION
- All students must use ¼ inch boards. NO SHOES ALLOWED unless medically required.
- 1 minute to setup. 1 minute to finish entire breaking routine. (MAXIMUM 10 BOARDS)
- Scoring will be based on completing routine in given 1 min. time limit, the level of difficulty of the techniques, the number of boards broken at one time, the accuracy of the breaks, the flow of the routine, and the competitor’s show of power, speed, creativity and style. All boards must be broken completely. Cracked, rotted or tampered wood will not be counted in scoring!
GYOROOGI (SPARRING) COMPETITION – KP&P Electronic Scoring for Black Belts 15 yrs old & up (Bring your own Electronic Foot Gear)
Ages 7 & under All Belts and Ages 11 & under Color Belts: NO HEAD CONTACT
- Ages 8-11 yr old Black Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- Ages 12-14 yr old & 15-17 yr old All Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- Ages 18-31 yr olds All Belts: FULL HEAD CONTACT
- Ages 32-up yr old ALL Belts: NO HEAD CONTACT
- Time Limit: Ages 4-14 (2 Rounds, 1 Minute each) Ages 15-up (2 Rounds, 2 Minutes each) 30 Sec. break
- Divisions will be separated into 2 to 4 weight categories
- 20 point ceiling rule will be in effect during any time of match
- Tie matches will be decided in sudden death
CREATIVE WEAPONS COMPETITION
- The maximum set‐up time is 1 minute.
- The maximum time to complete the performance is 2 minutes.
- The performance must be done within the regulation ring size.
NY OPEN TAEKWONDO will allow any traditional martial arts weapon. All blades of any weapons must be DULL. For safety, please do NOT bring a sharp weapon for your performance. Competitors must provide their own weapons.
- Difficulty of Technique will be based on the following order of superiority (in ascending order): Technique will be based on Accuracy, Speed, and Power.
TEAM DEMO COMPETITION
Unlimited number of team members.
- Time Limit: 7 minutes
- Must provide own music and audio equipment if necessary.
***Team Trophies and medals will be awarded for top 3 teams
INDIVIDUAL POWER KNIFE HAND BREAK
- Each participant will have one attempt to break with a Knife Hand Strike in an area approximately 2 meters x 2 meters. 2. The participant will attempt to break 1 or ¼ -inch pine boards with no spacers.
- All boards will be placed on a board holding stand, which is 4 inches tall from the floor.
- The participant must use the side of the palm (from the side of the first knuckle of the little finger to the front side of the wrist) for Knife Hand. Fingers can be bent; however, the hand cannot be closed in a fist position.
- Participants may not cover the breaking hand with any bandages, tape or any other material.
- Each participant must PRIVATELY complete a form that states the number of boards he or she will attempt to break prior to the start of the division.
- The participant who breaks the most boards will be declared the winner.
- If two or more participants break the same number of boards, the participant who attempted to break the greatest number of boards will receive a higher score. (For example, Participant #1 attempts to break 5 boards and only 4 boards break. Participant #2 attempts to break 4 boards and succeeds in breaking
- Therefore, Participant #1 will receive the higher final position within the division, because they attempted to break more boards)
- In the event of a tie for 1st place only (If there is a tie for 2nd or 3rd place there will be multiple 2nd and 3rd places awarded), there will be 1 overtime round. (Add 1 additional board)
- If there is still a tie at the end of the overtime round, the winner will be declared by body weight. (The lightest person will be declared the winner.) A scale will be provided at the event.