*Current WT/USAT Rules and Regulations will govern the Championships with few modifications to enhance the competition experience for all participants.
*ONLY those with a VIP or Coach pass will be allowed on competition floor to hold boards for their competitors during their breaking routine.
*ALL Divisions that have only 1 competitor will have to achieve a minimum score threshold to determine whether they win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.
*Please register the correct age bracket according to your birth year. Ex.) Birth year is 2010 regardless of what month, age is 13 years old.
- White V-neck or any colored WT approved dobok for all events.
- Shoes are NOT allowed for any events unless medically required (Please bring written doctor’s note)
- All competitors must purchase their own regulation size breaking boards at the venue. (See Creative Breaking rules for sizes)
- All World Class Black Belt Sparring Competitors will use KPNP Electronic Sparring Gear. (Foot gear will be provided and also for Sale)
WORLD CLASS SPORT POOMSAE COMPETITION
(BLACK BELTS ONLY) – POOMSAE PRO SYSTEM!
- WT Authorized Poomsae: Taeguek 1-8 Jang & Black Belt Poomsae: Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, etc.
- Age Divisions: Youth (10-11) Cadet (12-14) Junior (15-17) Senior (18-32) Ultra (33+)
|Divisions (Both Genders)||Compulsory Poomsae|
|Youth (10-11)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo|
|Cadet (12-14)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang|
|Junior (15-17)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek|
|Senior (18-32)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, Pyongwon, Sipjin|
|Ultra (33+)||Taegeuk 4 5 6 7 8 Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, Pyongwon, Sipjin|
*Poomsaes to perform will be emailed and posted on website (www.nyopentkd.org) two weeks prior to competition.
WORLD CLASS SPARRING COMPETITION (12 yrs old & up, BLACK BELTS ONLY)
- Current WT/USAT Rules & Regulations (UPDATED June 2022) will govern our Sparring competition.
- KPNP Electronic Scoring (Please bring your KPNP Electronic Socks, will be available for Sale)
- Time Limit: 3 Rounds, 1:30 minute each, 30 sec. break
- Must win 2 out of 3 rounds for victory
- 12-14 yr olds (Cadet): LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- 15-17 yr olds (Junior): LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- 18-32 yr olds (Senior): FULL HEAD CONTACT
- 33+ yr olds (Ultra): LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
TRADITIONAL POOMSAE (FORMS) COMPETITION
1. Traditional Poomsae (forms):
Color Belt Poomsae: Taeguk 1– 8
Black Belt Forms: Koryo, Keumgang, TaeBaek, Pyongwon, Sipjin
2. Age Divisions: (4-5yr) (6-7yr) (8-9 yr) (10-11yr) (12-14yr) (15-17 yr) (18-32 yr) (33-40 yr) (41 & up yr)
3. Belt Divisions:
1. White/Yellow/Orange Belts are Yellow Division (Taeguek 1-2)
2. Green/Blue/Purple Belts are Blue Division (Taegeuk 3-5)
3. Red/Brown/Red & black is Red Division (Taeguek 6-8)
4. BLACK BELTS are 1 Division
4. Competition Style: HEAD to HEAD matchup with winner advancing to the next round.
CREATIVE BREAKING COMPETITION
- Children competitors up to 14 yrs old must use ¼ inch boards. Competitors 15 yrs old & up must use 1 inch boards. All boards must be purchased at the venue. NO SHOES ALLOWED unless medically required.
- 1 minute to setup. 1 minute to finish entire breaking routine.
- Breaking routine MUST be 5 stations consisting of 5 boards in total. Additional boards will result in deductions. 1 breaking attempt per station allowed.
- Scoring will be based on the following:
- Completing routine in given 1 min. time limit.
- Technical – difficulty, missed attempts, holder assist, bad sportsmanship.
- Presentation – technique, balance & rhythm, expression of energy, style & creativity. All boards must be broken completely.
SPARRING COMPETITION (NON WORLD-CLASS)
- Current WT/USAT Rules & Regulations (UPDATED June 2022) will govern our Sparring competition
- Time Limit: 3 Rounds (1 minute each, 30 second break)
- Must win 2 out of 3 rounds for victory
- Divisions will be separated into 2 to 4 weight categories
- 6-7 yr olds (Dragon) All Belts: NO HEAD CONTACT
- 8-9 yr. olds (Tiger) Color Belts: NO HEAD CONTACT
- 8-9 yr. olds (Tiger) Black Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- 10-11 yr. olds (Youth) Color Belts: NO HEAD CONTACT
- 10-11 yr olds (Youth) Black Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- 12-14 yr olds (Cadet) All Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- 15-17 yr olds (Junior) All Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
- 18-32 yr olds (Senior) All Belts: FULL HEAD CONTACT
- 33+ yr olds (Ultra) All Belts: LIGHT HEAD CONTACT
CREATIVE WEAPONS COMPETITION
1. The maximum setup time is 1 minute.
2. The maximum time to complete the performance is 2 minutes.
3. The performance must be done within the regulation ring size.
NY OPEN TAEKWONDO will allow any traditional martial arts weapon. All blades of any weapons must be DULL. For safety, please do NOT bring a sharp weapon for your performance. Competitors must provide their own weapons.
- Scoring will be based on the following: technique, balance & rhythm, expression of energy, style & creativity.
TEAM DEMO COMPETITION
1. Unlimited number of team members. No Masters allowed to perform.
2. Time Limit: 7 minutes
3. Must provide own music and audio equipment if necessary
4. Must only break boards purchased from the venue.